The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

The First Post

I'm looking forward to making entries into this blog which is entirely on World War II.

It is an outgrowth of my Down Da Road I Go Blog which started off as one about what I'm doing as well as things I'm interested in. Eventually, it became obvious that I was getting a whole lot of history, especially that of the Civil War.

I then spun a Civil War one off, Saw the Elephant, and one devoted to history, Cooter's History Thing. Over time, most of the history blog came to be about World War II, hence came this blog.

It is my hope that it will interest others into becoming buffs of this crucial period of our and the world's history, especially with the increasing numbers of veterans who are dying as the youngest ones are now at least 83.

Plus, we are entering the 70th anniversary of the US entry into the war.

Looking Forward to It. --GreGen

No comments:

Post a Comment