The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A Dying PHSA Chapter

From the April 27, 2011, Central Nebraska Independent.

Sadly, all chapters of the Pearl Harbor Survivors Association (PHSA) are gone or in the process of going.

The Bo Wilson Nebraska Chapter 1 of the PHSA is a dying organization, consisting now of six members and twelve others.  They used to have meetings three times a year, but now just once.

It was founded in 1966.

One member is Ralph Naslund of the 72nd Bomber Squadron AAC.

Earl Brandes, 2nd Engineer Marine Corps, said, "I remember unloading my rifle at the Japanese planes during the second raid.  I don't suppose I hit anything though, but I was about two blocks away from a destroyer blowing up in the dry docks.  It scared me so I left my truck and got under some nearby barracks."

Sad to See Them Go.  --GreGen

No comments:

Post a Comment