The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Jim Landis' Pearl Harbor Plane-- Part 1

Earlier this week I wrote about Jim Landis whose plane was at Pearl Harbor during the attack and is now at the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola, Florida.  Then, I wrote about six other Pearl Harbor survivors who went with him to that place for the 70th anniversary of the attack back in 2011.

One of them, Cass Phillips wrote, "When the attacks were over, all but two of the thirty-eight planes we had just brought over from the west coast were destroyed."

Was Landis' plane one of the two?  And did Landis pilot the plane or was he charged with keeping it in shape to fly? 

I found a history of the Naval Aviation Museum plane that might answer the question.

Was It?  --GreGen

No comments:

Post a Comment