The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Saturday, November 2, 2013

A Big Disappointment for Me Back in 2012


From the Feb. 15, 2012, WDTN NBC News "Doolittle Tokyo Raider Banquet Planned."

When I read about this back then, I was definitely planning to attend it in Dayton, Ohio.

It was announced that a limited number of tickets to a banquet and two luncheons were to be sold starting Feb. 15th for the 70th anniversary of the famous raid. The banquet was to be April 19th at the Air Force Museum and cost $70. Both luncheons were to be at the Hope Hotel's Richard J. Holbrooke Conference Center on April 19th and 20th. Cost for these were $35 apiece.

Sadly, when I looked into it Feb. 17th, all functions were sold out. I guess there are plenty of people aware of Doolittle's Raid and its significance.

Now, there is to be one final gathering of three of the remaining four survivors in Dayton on Nov. 9th that is not open to the public. Sadly, I wasn't invited.

Oh Well. Hats Off to These Members of the Greatest Generation. --GreGen

No comments:

Post a Comment