The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Saturday, November 2, 2013

A World War II Connection


Yesterday, I wrote about Helen Wall of Massachusetts taking a ride in the 1941 Ford Super Deluxe convertible she and her husband Wally owned in 1941 before he shipped off to be a pilot during the war. This was in honor of her 100th birthday. From my RoadDog's Roadlog Blog.

Earlier this morning I wrote about Bosse Field in my Cooter's History Thing blog. This is loacted in Evansville Indiana, and is where the movie "A League of Their Own" was filmed, about the professional women's baseball league established to provide entertainment during World War II when so many ballplayers were serving in the military.

It's a Connection. --GreGen

No comments:

Post a Comment