The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Final Toast for the Doolittle Raiders Today

As I prepare to leave to go to the Tom Grovsner Marine Corps Birthday Breakfast (marking the 238th) and Toys for Tots Kickoff at the Fox Lake, Il., American Legion in a few minutes, I went to the National Museum of the USAF site and found a tag for the Doolittle Raider Final Toast at the upper left-hand corner and a short video reading "One Aircraft Carrier...16 Bombers....80 Men....One Incredible Mission."

That pretty-well sums it up.

I'll be watching the live feed at the site this afternoon at 5 P.M. CST. The Mission Officially Ends Today. --GreGen

No comments:

Post a Comment