The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

USS Arizona Postage Stamp

The USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor, Oahu, in Hawaii will be commemorated in a new US postage stamp to be issued tomorrow, Narch 13th. It will be a priority mail express stamp. //// The ceremony will be held at the Pearl Harbor Visitors Center and will include government and military speakers. //// Those in attendance can purhase day of issue stamps and related merchandise at the on site Pacific Historic Parks bookstore. //// More than 4,000 people visit the memorial daily. //// Pearl Harbor is what got me first interested in World War II, that and Walter Lord's book "Day of Infamy." I'll be stopping by my local Spring Grove post office tomorrow and getting my stamps of the Arizona which features the white memeoral built atop the old battleship. //// --GreGen

No comments:

Post a Comment