The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Talking World War II in My RoadLog Blog

The last two days I have been writing about female gas station attendants and the new Wayne Gas Pumps before World War II in my RoadDog's Roadlog Blog.  This was because of the approaching 70th anniversary of D-Day tomorrow.  Worthwhile looking at for you World War II.

Of course, you had to wonder what was going through the minds of the men as they boarded the ships and landing ships off the coast of Normandy 70 years ago?  I'm sure more than one wished they were anywhere but there.  After all, the Germans had had a good four years to prepare for them.

--GreGen

No comments:

Post a Comment