The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Friday, July 22, 2016

Thanks Mom

The last post and the next several are from one of the last newspaper articles my mom pulled out of her local paper and saved for me.  She died last month and I am at her house now and organizing her stuff.  I found this article in a special cubby hole in an old desk where she saved newspaper clippings she thought would be of interest to me.

This article was from the Sunday, June 5, 2016, Goldsboro (N.C.) News-Argus  "From My Perch: Dick Borden sailed ocean blue, walked the fields of battle, too" by Sherwood Owl Williford.

I am really thinking about her right now.

Thanks Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment