The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Military Pay 1940-1941-- Part 2: Military Ranks During World War II

Before I list the Pay Grades for the military during the war, I decided I'd find out what members of each grade had for a rank.

These were the enlisted ranks during World War II.  I will give Army first, Navy second and Marines third.

7th Pay Grade:  Private / Apprentice Seaman /  Private

6th Pay Grade:  Private First Class / Seaman 2nd Class / Private First Class

5th Pay Grade:  Corporal /  Seaman First Class /  Corporal

4th Pay Grade  Sergeant / Coxswain / Sergeant

3rd Pay Grade:  Staff Sergeant / Boatswain's Mate Mate 2nd Class / Platoon Sergeant

2nd Pay Grade:  1st Sergeant-Technical Sergeant / Boatswain's Mate 1st Class / Gunnery Sergeant

1st Pay Grade:  Sergeant Major / Chief-Boatswain / Sergeant Major-Master Gunnery Sergeant

--GreGen

No comments:

Post a Comment