The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

What Happened at Hiroshima-- Part 5: I Agree That Obama Should Not Apologize

I know there are a lot of people who think the United States was horrible for dropping those bombs.  It certainly was a hard decision for President Truman to make, but like his sign said on his desk, "The Buck Stops Here."

As horrible as the damage was from the blasts as well as number of deaths, I figure it saved a lot more Japanese lives by convincing them not to continue fighting.  And, it also saved at least, by all estimates, 100,000 American casualties as I am sure the Japanese would have fought to the last man, woman and child.

A Hard Decision.  --GreGen

No comments:

Post a Comment