The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Beginning This Blog's 6th Year

This post marks the beginning of this blog's sixth year and marks its 2456th post.

I was writing about World War II in my Cooter's History Thing blog, but as we were entering the 70th anniversary of the war and especially after all the Pearl Harbor articles back in 2011, I figured why not start this new blog.

I have always been interested in Pearl Harbor, but but so much in the rest of the war.

Growing up in the 1950s and 1960s (I was born in 1951) most all of my parent's male friends were World War II veterans and, essentially, they were just all over the place.  But now, with the Greatest generation passing away so quickly, I figured this would be a good time to honor them.

The Greatest Generation.  --GreGen (Short for Greatest Generation)


No comments:

Post a Comment